Did you know HVAC incentives can cover up to 50% of your upgrade and installation costs? Installing HVAC controls also lower energy consumption rates, resulting in additional savings. Ready to start saving on your building’s energy costs? Let’s take a closer look at the incentives for HVAC controls.
What’s Included in HVAC Incentives?
The amount of your HVAC incentive depends on a few factors. It includes the type of utility services you get from PSE. For example, electric, hybrid, or gas-powered. Your facility’s energy use also affects incentive amounts, and you must verify the savings.
After successfully verifying your energy savings, HVAC rebates have a guaranteed base payment amount. The incentives can increase after the HVAC controls are operational for at least ten months, and you are meeting the targeted minimum savings.
Here’s a look at the estimated HVAC incentive amounts.
Electric and Hybrid (dual-fuel) HVAC Incentives
Maximum Total Incentive
- Up to 50% of your total project costs
- $0.45 per kWh saved
- Natural gas: $7 per unit saved
- Natural gas: Up to 35% of total project cost
Performance incentive amounts apply when the energy savings for the entire building are above 6%. The incentive only applies to the first year, after the HVAC upgrade or installation project is completed. Performance incentives supplement the base incentives but are not greater than the maximum total incentive amount.
Navigating commercial incentives and rebates can be a hair pulling adventure, that if not done correctly, can end with limited or no incentive and rebate recovery. Incentive Rebate360 is one of the only fully turn-key commercial incentive and rebate recovery organizations. Learn more about our process here.
How to Qualify for HVAC Control Incentives
Not everyone qualifies for HVAC control incentives. Building owners and managers must meet the following requirements.
- You must be a gas, electric, or PVE customer.
- Along with employing maintenance staff, your building must measure 50,000 sq; ft; or more. The building must also be the permanent site for your operations. Businesses that do not meet these requirements may qualify for smaller incentives.
- Your HVAC controls upgrade or installation must include (but not limited) to the following:
- Install new web-based control equipment.
- Add or upgrade at least three energy-efficiency HVAC control sequences. We can provide you with the requirement checklist.
- The HVAC upgrades must pass the PVE performance test.
- The upgrades or installation must include energy-efficient features designed to consistently reduce electrical usage.
- Pre-approval from PSE is necessary before beginning an upgrade or installation project.
- All operations and maintenance personnel must complete a training course and receive the HVAC facility guide.
How to Apply for HVAC Incentives
To receive pre-approval for an HVAC controls incentive, you must follow a couple of steps.
- Complete and submit the custom retrofit grant application and the requirement checklist.
- Submit any additional information helpful in project evaluation. For example, a project proposal.
Let Us Take Care of the HVAC Controls Incentives Process
You have enough on your plate without worrying about HVAC control incentives. We will find applicable incentives in your area and take care of the submission process. Our experienced team can also help with the project design, to help ensure you qualify for the maximum incentive amounts.